Many firms have relied on Voler to develop products that incorporated one or more wireless interfaces: USB, cellular, Zigbee, Bluetooth, Bluetooth LE, LoRa, SigFox, Wifi, GPS, and RFID. Voler offers a full range of engineering services including designing, testing and managing the transfer to manufacturing.
Rely on Voler for Choices in Wireless Design
We have used a variety of RF devices for high volume consumer and low volume industrial products. These devices have transmitted sensor data from wireless devices while conserving battery life, and they have transmitted high bandwidth data from vehicle mounted devices. Our design engineers have specified, tested and implemented various technologies such as
- Bluetooth LE
- WiFi (802.11)
- GPS tracking
- Cellular modems
The high cost and inconvenience of installing wires has always made wireless technology attractive. Recently, the cost has dropped to the point where it is being widely adopted. There are now many competing standards, each with its own advantages and disadvantages in battery power consumption, transmission distance, and applicability to different uses.
- LoRa, SigFox emerging standards for low power, long distance at low data rates
- LTE, LTE-M, GPRS, GSM, CDMA are standards for digital communication over cell phone networks.
- Zigbee is designed for medium to short distance communication between sensors at medium to slow speeds.
- Bluetooth LE and Bluetooth is a short distance communication protocol for wireless communication between consumer products without wires.
- Wifi is used for networks over short and medium distances.
- GPS provides position information worldwide from a system of satellites.
- RFID is a low cost passive identification system, which uses no batteries.
Best wireless standard for your application?
There are now many competing standards, each with its own advantages and disadvantages in battery power consumption, transmission distance, and applicability to different uses. See our Guide to Wireless Technology Standards